Saturday, July 10, 2010

Another Baby Shower....


This time for my other SIL Penny. Been working on these (nearly 30 of them) for a couple of days with some little helpers in my SIL Nicole and her husband Shane can you believe it - he loved it. I got this idea from one of the swaps I received at Convention, sorry cant remember who it was but the one I got was pretty pink, cant do pink ones for this shower as we dont know what sex the baby is yet so thought yellow and green would be the way to go or should I say So Saffron and Old Olive/Certainly Celery. These are made using the Scallop Circle Bigz Die. Folding the cardstock first you line it up just inside the edge of the scallops (i left four scallops outside the fold line) and run it through the BIG SHOT. I have then cut several of the same die with DSP and cut them in half and stuck to the bottom half of the carousel. I have used my circle punches for the wheels with some silver brads and then the Eyelet border punch for the trim. I have used the two oval punches for the handles and then tied some 1/4" Grosgrain for the bow. As there is not much room inside the invitation I created a simple little little fold so the invite opens up as you open the card - nift hey! Thanks for looking. Stay tuned for more baby shower projects as I am in the process of making a diaper cake and some baby shower favours.

3 comments:

Leonie said...

Oh, I love them, and hats off to you for getting a fella involved, love it! lol!

Cherylann Robinson said...

Felicity, these prams are sooooo cute! You are a genius,

Helen said...

Very clever to have the inside fold like that.