Monday, January 25, 2010

ESAD SAB Blog Hop




Ok first of all some explaining... ESAD is a Yahoo Group I belong to (I belong to a few yahoo groups) for Demonstrators and I have been a member for ages basically since I became a demonstrator, it's great for sharing ideas and information and meeting other demos. It stands for Extremely Special Aussie Demonstrators. Now if you have been watching my blog for the last few weeks you will know what SAB stands for - 'Sale-A-Bration' - Stampin' Up!'s Promo to beat all promos for the year and what a great way to jump start 2010! So get those orders together and call me today (0414 400 841) so you can earn your FREE SAB sets. Don't forget that for every $100 you spend you can qualify for a FREE SAB set - there are FOUR FABULOUS SETS to choose from. Next..... a blog hop is basically as it says, you hop from one blog to another as you follow all the links and complete the trail. The idea is you can see a great selection of all the wonderful creations that we have all come up with using one of the SAB sets. The bonus is there is what we call BLOG CANDY (FREE STUFF) up for grabs. All you have to do is comment on all the blogs as you go to go into the draw for the BLOG CANDY. So if you are on the blog trail, you should have arrived from Debbie William's Blog.
If you missed the starting line you can start here.
Now you are here let me explain what I have created. I have chosen to use the Vintage Labels SAB set.











I have decorated a 5 x 5 Stampin' Up! Journal and have made a Lindt Gift Box. I have used Real Red & Whisper White Cardstock and the Pink Flamingo DSP. I have also used Real Red and Regal Rose 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon. For the Lindt Box I have decorated it with a flower from the Blooms Die Cuts (P.144 IB&C) and one of the new Jumbo Grommets from the Mini Catalogue. You need to use the 1/2" Circle punch with the grommets for the centre but because I had punched the scallop circle around the scallop image I couldn't get the small punch to reach into the centre so I punched a small 1/2" Circle out of scrap and used it to trace one and then cut it out with my craft knife.




For the journal I have used another Real Red flower from the Blooms Die Cuts and then mounted little 1/2" Regal Rose circles around the petals. This red flower is sitting on a white 4" circle I cut using my Circle Scissor Plus then (it may be hard to see from the pic, sorry) I have attached a scallop border that I crimped. This is super easy to do, I made it for a card a while ago and I included the instructions on that post here. I used the length of a A4 cardstock but it was not quite long enough to go all the way round so had to add a small piece to finish the circle (hope you cant see my joins). You may also notice that I have used the curly label stamp from this set and attached them to act as little dividers for whatever.
I hope you like my 'Valentine's Colours' since it is just around the corner I figured why not. This pair would make a lovely thank you gift or Valentine's present. I have always been tempted to let my husband loose in my craft room to see what he comes up with for me - NOT! hehehe



Now you can head off to Gardenia Pepworth's Blog to see what she has been up to for the Blog Hop. Have fun everyone and don't forget to comment on all those blogs to go into the draw for the BLOG CANDY. I am donating my journal for the draw (sorry my husband has already put his name on the Lindt Block). Remember you have to be in it to win it!

56 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the use of the grommet on the item and your use of colours is great.
Thanks,
Rebecca W

Anonymous said...

solutely gorgeous

Kim Conway said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Looove the red!!

Tina G said...

The journal is fantastic. I'm sure everyone would love to win one!

Sarah Stevens said...

They look fantastic - love the red!

Mae Collins said...

Love the bold red colours!

Leonie Schroder said...

wow Felicity this is just gorgeous and what a great gift! Thanks for participating in the ESAD Blog Hop

Charmaine Black said...

Great colours, I have been inspired to use my flamingo papers, thanks for sharing. Lots of inky hugs from Charmaine ;-)

Mel said...

Wow! These are just gorgeous! Love those papers, although they took a while to grow on me! Thanks for sharing. xx

Samantha I said...

The colours are great, would've thought it was too much of the same but they way way you have used them is perfect!

Debbie Williams said...

I love creating stationery stuff, so love the journal and the box is great too. Thanks for sharing.

Billie said...

totally fab!!!!!! loving everything the color, the paper design the creativity. lovin' it all!!

Louise said...

Whoops, I posted a comment on your previous post instead of this one, LOL. Gorgeous work Felicity!

Anonymous said...

How beautiful, now I'll have to buy the punch that makes the holes to go on journals....just when I thought I had everything LOL. Donna Zammit

Tanya Kitto said...

Hi Flick, love your creations, they ar gorgeous
Thanks for sharing
Tanya xox

Tania Salvati said...

Fantastic colours on these projects.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous project here!! That's ok your hubby can have the Lindt! As much as I LOVE it, it gives me a migraine!! lol

TFS Caroline

Liz said...

Love how you have used this DSP as I have really struggled in using it. Thanks for sharing.

Keegan Rigby said...

Love the red and pink colour combo! V. Cute!!

Alana Galagher said...

Just gorgeous Felicity, I love the way you have used the Jumbo Grommet. TFS :-)

Sonia G said...

Beautiful work. TFS

Aliessa said...

So beautiful, love it!

Cathy Clark said...

Beautifully coordinated projects - I love the way you've used the big flower on the journal - stunning!

Lynda said...

The red is so vibrant. Before I discovered SU...Never wld have I incorporated red and pink together on the same card!!! I am so getting some FAB ideas fm this hop. TFS your creativity.

Nanette said...

I too, am getting some great ideas from this blog hop. Loved what you made. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Very striking designs!

Lisa H

Susan Joyce said...

Fab designs!!

Karen Dillon said...

What lovely work and also your colour combination is lovely - very striking and "girly". Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful, I love journals, and the colours were awesome. Thanks.

Monica said...

I really love what you made. The journal is fantastic and the colours are stunning. I think I will make the journals for my daughters for valentines day. Thank you

Rachel said...

WOW, Beautiful. Rach:)

Danielle Daws said...

Awesome designs!

Teri C said...

just beautiful!

Leonie said...

Awesome, beautiful projects :)

Jodene said...

This is such a gorgeous set!

Lynn said...

Just fabulous!

Wendy Hawkinson said...

These are great!

~Wendy Hawkinson
www.gotrubberwillstamp.blogspot.com

Kia Mellor said...

Wow these are gorgeous love your colour choices...

Yvonne said...

great, love the colours very Valentine

Richelle said...

Definately love your work!! And the blog layout is fab!

The Sherrys said...

WOW! Just beautiful!
Del Sherry

Larissa said...

excellent - so professional looking - reminds me of the cute kid's clothing brand Oobi - the colours are great!

Christina said...

Great ideas and beautiful samples Felicity - thank you for sharing

Alisha said...

Hi Felicity, I love how you have used the punched stamp as index tabs..what a fantastic idea. First time on a blog hop and Im having a great time. well done

sam said...

great colour combo

Annette said...

Lovely gift ideas....Thank you for sharing.

Sylvia Buist said...

Hi Felicity, love your projects, your choice of colourWell dones just perfect.Well done

Anonymous said...

Lee Thomas said...
Felicity, The colours you have used work so well together, very eye catching.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

These are beautiful Felicity. This is the first set I'll get for free! Just love what you have done with the Vintage Labels.

Joanne said...

Oh gosh - I just LUV the journal - how stunning!

Jodie Jenkinson said...

Just stunning!

Jac said...

Love the way you've used the colours - very 'Valentine's Day' thank you for the inspiring work.

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

My gosh that Journal is amazing!
Thank you for such inspiration.

Dianne said...

I love these colours! Thanks for your great ideas

Scrap Ronnie said...

I love the boldness of these. amazing.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Your journal and box are just fabulous.......... love bold colors and the big flower and gromet! Thanks for participating.