Saturday, August 14, 2010

Baby Shower Cake


This is something I have been working on for a while, couldnt face it all in one sitting. I have just finished it, there is nothing like 'creating' on a Saturday night (ok I have no life alright, well I have a footy obsessed husband actually). This is for my SIL for her baby shower next weekend. I have also made a heap of baby shower favours but I will post them next week. Clearly we don't know what she is having hence all the yellow and green (oops I mean Certainly Celery and So Saffron hehehe) but it was a great opportunity to use all that ribbon I accumulated from the ribbon promotion earlier in the year. I have used the Fox & Friends stamp set plus the new Baby Tees Wheel. I decided to make it a rubber ducky theme cos it worked well with the colour scheme. I have stuffed it with bibs, socks etc.. I took inspiration from this one. Plus the bonus was with all the pics I took I decided to have a play with the Picasa Collage feature - so much fun :) It is super easy, might see what else I can do.....
I am going to offer some 'Blog Candy' as a little treat for a change. If you can guess how many nappies are in this cake, you will win a prize. It will be a pack of sample embellishments from the New Catalogue. The first person to guess correctly will win. I will leave this going for the week, if no-one has guessed correctly, I will award the prize to the closest guess.

5 comments:

Jo said...

Oh Flick, that has turned out so well. I'm sure your SIL will love it.

Chris said...

*gobsmacked*
Flick, this is magnificent! You keep on amazing me with your talents!
-Chris

Steph xxx said...

It looks beautiful. She will LOVE it! I am guessing 80 nappies. I have no idea!

Dee said...

these are so much fun to make - it looks gorgeous. my guess is 72

Anonymous said...

OMGosh, Felicity, how awesome! I cannot believe how you keep up the creativeness!!!! My guess is 84. Cheers Donna Zammit